【Product Name】Diethylene glycol bis-chloroformate
【Synonyms】Oxydiethylene bis(chloroformate) 二乙二醇双氯甲酸酯
【EC Index Number】607-141-00-2
Physical and Chemical Properties
【Solubility in water】Insoluble
【Vapor Pressure】0.004 (25 C)
【Heat Of Vaporization】51.9 kJ/mol
【Usage】Used in the preparation of nonvolatile plasticizers or modifying agent.
First Aid Measures
【Ingestion】Consider gastric lavage after ingestion of a potentially life-threatening amount of poison if it can be performed soon after ingestion (generally within 1 hour). Administer charcoal as a slurry 240 mL water/30 g charcoal). Usual dose: 25 to 100 g in adults/adolescents, 25 to 50 g in children (1 to 12 years), and 1 g/kg in infants less than 1 year old. Immediate dilution with milk or water may be of benefit in caustic or irritant chemical ingestions.
【Inhalation】Move patient to fresh air. Monitor for respiratory distress. If cough or difficulty breathing develops, evaluate for respiratory tract irritation bronchitis, or pneumonitis. Administer oxygen and assist ventilation as required. Treat bronchospasm with inhaled beta2 anist and oral or parenteral corticosteroids.
【Skin】Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician may need to examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
【Eyes】Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of room temperature water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.
Fire Fighting Measures
【Fire Fighting】Water or foam may cause frothing.
【Fire Potential】Combustible liquid.
Exposure Controls/Personal Protection
【Exposure Effects】No specific evaluation of this chemical was found. However many chemicals cause irritation of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. In severe cases respiratory tract irritation can progress to ARDS/acute lung injury which may be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases. Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are also possible if caustic or irritant chemicals are ingested.